Wednesday, January 14, 2009,
SO THIS IS WHAT IT FEELS LIKE TO BE HAPPY.....That man. ^^
That one right there.
Yea him.
In case you didn't know.
He's amazing.
Who is he?
What on earth do you mean who is he? That guy is responsible for creating possibly one of the best organizations ever.
Yes. That's right. He's the founder of To Write Love on Her Arms. And like I said before, he's amazing.
I finally got to hear one of my heroes speak in person last night. It was seriously the greatest thing ever. It's almost been a year since I found out about TWLOHA and since then I've wanted to hear him. There have been many other chances before but the timing never added up properly.....until last night.
Until I saw him sitting outside GPT talking to a couple of other amazing guys.
Until I stood next to him.
Until he walked onto the stage and started speaking about things I knew all too well.
That's when it finally clicked that good things really do come to those who wait.
I think it's funny and kind of ironic at how seeing someone talking about pain and struggling can make me happy.
But it did.
I was finally able to speak to him. I was finally able to tell him how much this organization means to me. Finally able to thank him. Sure, it wasn't in person, but I was still able to do it.
You see, I had to leave the meeting early because I had a train to catch so I was kind of bummed that I didn't get to meet Jamie and take a picture with him. But as I was on my way home, my friend called me and told me to get ready to speak to him. She was about to hand Jamie her cell phone so I could tell him everything--or as much as everything that my brain would let me comprehend. I was freaking out and I'm pretty sure my friends thought I was crazy.
"What if he doesn't wanna talk to me? What if I don't know what to say? Holy crap!! What am I gonna say?!!? Calm down....you know what to say. It'll be fine."
Then he comes on the phone. I swear everything after that happened so fast it was almost a blur. An amazing memorable blur. I'm pretty sure I was speaking faster than the speed of light but I know he heard everything I said.
Basically, this was pretty much one of the best nights of my life. For once I was actually genuinely happy, and other people noticed as well. I just couldn't stop smiling. I was like a kid at Christmas or something.
3:43 PM