image
Saturday, June 13, 2009,

IT'S BEEN A WHILE...


I can't even remember the last time I've updated this. It just seems so weird to take time out of my day and write stuff down. I mean, I've thought of a lot of things I could say here, but I'm always too lazy to actually do it.

Anyway, I'm in Belize now. I've been here for a couple days now--not even a week. I'm supposed to be here for a whole month. I'm not exactly sure how I'm going to do it. Things haven't gone exactly as planned, and they've actually been quite rough-ish.

I'm not quite used to how hot it is here yet, so every time we go out somewhere I get these killer headaches from the heat. Like today I just felt nauseous and dizzy. I swore I was going to pass out for a second. Fuzzy black dots included. I'm not having that much fun here at all. I don't remember it being this bad. Like it's so hot to the point that you just become miserable...and the fact that we basically walk everywhere doesn't really help either. Even in the house it's hot. Tonight as soon as I stepped out of the shower and dried off I started sweating. Like...what sense does that make?

I never thought I would actually miss being back home. I always talk about how I want to get out of there and whatnot, but right now I would do ANYTHING to just get back to my own house...air condition included. Other than the heat, things still haven't been going so well. I've just been very uncomfortable and stuff. I've had my period for about a month straight now, so that doesn't really help anything. I went to the doctor today and they took an ultrasound and a blood test to make sure nothing too serious is going on. I have to go back early in the morning to get the results of everything.

*sigh* I just really wish I were at home. In my bed. Nice and comfy. Even with this situation going on right now, I think it would be much better at home. I wouldn't feel so out of place and uncomfortable when I do things. I mean, it's much cheaper here to go to the doctor and stuff since the currency is only half of America's. That's probably the only one good thing about here. If I had insurance though, it would be fine back home and not too expensive. That's why I didn't say anything earlier. Because I knew my mom was going to have to pay a whole bunch of money to the crazy expensive hospitals.

I don't know. I just want to go home. July 9 can't get here fast enough.

1:50 AM